- I'm becoming more safe and independent with a rolling walker. PT "checked me off" to allow me to walk with the walker in my room without supervision (with exception of overnight and early morning....when I am the least steady). This is such a BIG DEAL....No more pressing the call button when I want or need something and no more waiting for someone to arrive before I can get off the toilet! Now I have some independence!
- Moving from a seated to a standing position has become more smooth and controlled.
- I have gained good use of my left hand, especially when I maintain my left elbow at my side. Seems to allow for improved control and stability. Overall use of the left upper extremity continues to improve.
- Overall coordination is improving and the therapists are making every effort to challenge me to the highest level.
- I'm feeling itches on the left side of my body! This has been a new sensation the last couple days. In fact, the first time I felt it on my left leg, I reached my right arm across to "scratch" that spot and nearly screamed. My sensation is still extremely sensitive and I didn't even think before moving to scratch!
- Tylenol is managing my headaches. That was never successful in the previous weeks.
So, today I celebrate with a very delicious snicker-doodle cupcake (from Cakes By Kylee in Harrison Ohio, daughter of a co-worker of Nash's....check her business out: very highly rated! Thank you Kylee!) while I watch the opening ceremony of the olympics. I should have a restful weekend, visiting with some friends and family and gear up for my "day pass" on Sunday see Ella's volleyball game and enjoy celebrating her 10th B'Day. Good way to end the week! Have a great weekend everyone!
5 comments:
So proud of you for all your accomplishments this week. Enjoy your time with your family. So glad you get to leave for a bit to celebrate. Love ya, Leah
Keeping up with your progress and cheering you on!!!
Keep up the great work Kelly! You are amazing! Keeping you in our prayers to give you strength to keep going. Love you soooo much! You & Grandpa Dreyer are my heroes!
Love, Aunt Mindy
You are amazing. Your positive attitude and determination are inspiring
Hi Kelly! Greg and I are so happy to read about your wonderful progress! All of your determination, strength and hard work are paying off! We are praying and thinking about you everyday! We loved reading your fortune cookie fortune. How amazing is that message?! We hope you had fun watching Ella's game and celebrating her 10th bday with her! We send big hugs, love and prayers to you!
Post a Comment