Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Helpful items when in the hospital....

I've been a bit overwhelmed by all of the support our family has received.  Overwhelmed in a very positive way.  For any of you who may have to spend time in the hospital or have a loved one who will be spending time in the hospital, I thought you might enjoy a list of "must have" items that I've been so thankful for while here; especially when hospital grade just doesn't live up to the quality that we can bring from home.  (In no particular order....)

  1. Lip Balm - helps with the dryness in the hospital
  2. Quality toilet paper - need I say more!?!
  3. Soft non-slip socks or slippers - very important to avoid slips and falls 
  4. Your own pillow from home 
  5. Soft blanket 
  6. Soft, colorful washcloths and towels - the softness is especially important if you have any skin sensitivities such as mine.  Color is important so they don't get mixed up with the white hospital towels.  
  7. Comfy pj's 
  8. Toiletries from home - especially your own toothbrush and quality lotion
  9. Snacks you love
  10. Gentle reminders of loved ones for your wall
  11. Activities to fill time - cards, books, magazines, crocheting, IPAD or computer, phone, etc.
  12. Quality tumbler (cup) - so nice!
I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed to making my stay in the hospital more tolerable.  I'd also like to send a BIG THANKS to all of you who have already helped my family (husband/kids) or offered help.  I know I have a ways to go but am fighting hard to get back to the life I so desperately want to live.  Your help is not only nice for Nash and the kids, but also allowing me to focus on my recovery.  Sending my love to all of you!

1 comment:

Grammy aka Lindy said...

Kelly - Lisa forwarded Nash's email to us. I had similar feelings to yours in the post -- "not again", etc." I was feeling so bad for you but as is your m.o., your positive attitude has shone through again, and made me realize you will be back! We were out of town for several days so I had several posts to catch up on and was thrilled to see the improvement you have experienced. Keep it up - you are amazing! You will backpack in CA in August, I can feel it!
Praying for you all, Lindy