The first weekend I was on the rehab unit, 5 girlfriends joined me for a "Girls Night In". What started out as a simple idea for some girlfriends to calmly hang out and maybe play some cards quickly ramped up into a very crazy and memorable evening!
The night started out very calm with me providing an update on my progress, food, and friendly chit chat. As soon as one of the girls said, "Enough of this sad and depressing talk (well think of a more colorful word), let's get this PARTY going," the tides quickly turned. Next thing you know she was handing out red plastic cups and filling them with a liquid that ones nurse probably wouldn't approve of in the hospital setting! Not for me though....I do not tell a lie...I stuck with my agua! That set the relaxed and fun tone for the evening. Great home cooked food, music, shellacking nails, euchre, and yes, "Girl-Talk". It was a gift to have these ladies hanging out with me! We laughed, shared stories, played some serious cards, and yes...laughed more.
Time out....back up.....I have to share an event that happened earlier in the day for you to fully understand the magnitude of what happened at the end of the girls night. A charge nurse arrived in my room earlier that day to tell me they decided NOT to move me back to my original room that I had been moved out of 24 hours earlier so they could buff and wax the floors. Concerned that they had "temporarily" moved me from a large single to a double I said, "That's fine but will you put in writing that you will not put another patient in this room with me? Otherwise, I'd prefer to move back to my original room." While she assured me that would not happen, I still felt uneasy.
Fast forward to the end of the girls night. One of my girlfriends walked into the bathroom to do what she swore was a #1. When she flushed and headed to the sink to wash her hands, the toilet began to shoot water into the air like a geyser! Water flooded bathroom floor and spilled into the entryway of the room! HAHA. We were all laughing hysterically! It was quite the scene....and mess! The charge nurse arrived to "jokingly" scold us and question, "Who purposefully stopped up and flooded the toilet so 'she' would have to be returned to her original room?" At 11:00pm that night everything, including myself, was being moved back to my large, private room! :) :) :)
1 comment:
I love these "girls night" updates!Especially the toilet incident...hilarious! Nothing beats a night with good girlfriends and laughing!! I hope Ella had a fabulous birthday today and that you had a good day with family. My very favorite part of your post was your fortune cookie- I got chills. I am a big believer in signs and that was just amazing!! Thinking about you...
Jessica Mann
Post a Comment