Sunday, February 9, 2014

Girls Night In - 2nd Weekend

5 girlfriends joined me for a "Girls Night In" on this second weekend on the rehab unit.  It's such a wonderful distraction from the pains and strains one undergoeswhile rehabing.  They brought me some very thoughtful gifts and must have items while in the hospital.  The most unique of which was a Yankee Candle "Fragrance Sphere".  The container contains a lot of small "bead-like" spheres that have a very mild but effective scent.  What a nice touch!

Our fun included Chinese food, games, music, olympics, and yes, "Girl-Talk".  Can you think of anything better?!?

The game we played for hours was called "Funglish".  If you haven't played it, I highly suggest you pick it up.  While initially intimidated by the directions, possibly because we were a little bit giddy and having too much fun to concentrate, we eventually got down the rules and immersed ourselves in this game.  It held out attention for quite some time and brought about so much laughter we had to quiet each other to avoid them getting kicked out! HA.  The game in a nutshell...after reviewing several words on a card, one team has to choose descriptor words and place them on a board while the other teams have to guess the word they are describing.  There are teams, points, a timer, and yes...a lot of fun!

One very poignant moment of the evening was when we each opened and shared our fortune cookies.  I am definitely someone who lives to believe in faith, keeps an eye out for synchronistic events, and trusts that all events have purpose and meaning.  With that in mind, I had to share my fortune cookie with all of you.  In very simplistic font, my fortune cookie reads,

"Use your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal.  You will succeed."

Need I say more ?!?  Going on a pass for a few hours today to see Ella play v'ball and join the family for her birthday dinner.  Have a great Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I always said you should be a writer. Glad you have such good & amazing friends to distract you from all you are going through. Love the fortune in your fortune cookie! Keep the faith & we are continuing to lift you up in prayer! Every day Axel & I say our prayers for you & when we are finished he says"Amen", so freaking cute. I love you sweetie! Just keep on keeping on! :)

Love Aunt Mindy

Laura Kohus said...

Love this :)