Monday, February 15, 2010

A Step In The Right Direction!

I can't wait to tell you this! I just want to jump out of my skin! I walked today up to 100ft. with a CANE!!! Hallelujah! Be excited for me...be ecstatic for me! I am on my way and my body is fighting me less! Don't say "yeah but it's a cane", don't feel sad, don't feel pity, DON'T. Keep sending those positive prayers because they are working!!! I have been cleared today to move about my room with my walker without assistance. Do you realize what that means??? No calling someone when I want to go to the bathroom! No calling for someone when I want to stand from the toilet! No calling someone to retrieve things for me....get my clothing...etc. I have been completely reliant on staff for the past 18 days...not to mention the 9 days I was home recovering and reliant on my family. This is SO BIG! I've never felt more driven and more motivated. I've never felt more thankful. I hope you are all smiling! It's a GREAT day!

On a side note: If this is motivation for any of you I want you to know..... I can only imagine how much harder this recovery would have been if I had not been in such good physical condition before this happened. Every day my body feels as if I am intensely training for something. My chest gets tight. It's work to breathe. My muscles ache. Just standing, my heart rate has been as high as 120. Just walking with a walker, my heart rate has ranged from 130 to as high as 167! It is hard. It is demanding. And prior to this, my body was very healthy. This is something I thought I would never face in my life. I wish this on no one. But you can never predict what life will bring. Take care of yourself....take care of your body.

For all of you dealing with the snow....I hope you are managing to stay safe and warm. I have a beautiful view of this winter wonderland from my room. Love to you all! And, thank you for your comments! Kelly

23 comments:

Richardson Family News said...

Kelly - don't know if you know this but last year I fell from a ladder and destroyed my right hip - had to have a total hip replacement - I know what you mean - I couldn't lift my right leg for weeks. I tried to lift it just the length of my other toe and couldn't do it. So simple but so hard. Keep working you'll get back to running around with those darling sweet children of yours! Keep pushing yourself!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I am so happy for your progess. It is wonderful news!! I had added you to our prayer list at church last week!! It just shows that all those prayers and positive thoughts help, let alone your good physical condition. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Love the blog!!!

Cuz Kim

The Aliaga Family said...

Just think...you keep improving like this and next year at this time you CAN shovel the snow!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Sounds like you get closer to coming home and seeing those kiddos everyday. We had a blast on Saturday!

Duncan Family said...

BIG SMILES on my face! LOVE YA

Anonymous said...

Awesome News Girl... I am so happy to hear you are getting closer to where you need to be. Hopefully you will be home soon. Keep up the great work. I have a huge smile on my face right now.. Keep fighting. I am so proud of you. Love You Bunches!!! Aunt Mindy

Anonymous said...

So so so happy for you. I know how hard you've been working to get to this point and your joy shines through. Even before any of this you were an inspiration to me and you continue to amaze me with your strength and spirit.
We're celebrating this wonderful milestone and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I love that you are posting--it's great to know how you are doing. Prayers for your wonderful body are constant and for your family as well. You are doing great and you are a motivation. Taking you as inspiration, I was thankful for my body when I was shoveling the last 44 inches of snow. Keep it up Kelly! Tory Baratta

Warren Family said...

Kel,

YEAH!!! Doing the happy dance for you! That is so awesome to hear you have some independence. I knew you could do it. Keep up the good work and yes you have inspired me to get back to workin out. Been hitting the treadmill and not complaining one bit now! Sending hugs and prayers from IL.
Kristi

JMax said...

Keep up the good work Kelly! Congrats!

Jeni

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!God Is Good!! Soon
you will be home with your wonder-
ful kids and husband again. We are
all so proud of you Kelly, keep up
the fight, you have won this battle
and the war's victory is in your
sight! Love you bunches!!

Grandma Dreyer in Florida

*super dude and super dog* said...

YAY KELLY!!!! You and Carter are learning to walk at the same time :)

Seriously, we are very proud of you and what you've accomplished. Keep going!

Jason and Carrie said...

Great post Kel! I love hearing the excitment in your voice! You continue to motivate me to be a better person spiritually and a healthier person physically! I wish I could send Jaycie to cheer for you the way she cheers for little Josie who is learning to walk too!
Thanks Kelly!
Prayers, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Great news Kelly! Glad you are progressing. If you ever need a visitor, I am right down the street in my office! love ya, Emily

Anonymous said...

Hooray Kel! Keeping up to date with you and all your amazing progress, and celebrating as well!
Lots of big hugs to get you through this tough week. You're doing great...as we all knew you would!
Jill

Unknown said...

Just wanted to send my love and prayer's ... you have always been like another sister in the 'Timm' family. Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement! Hang in there! Love you*
-Bubba

Unknown said...

Kelly - Congrats on the great progress! My mom sent me the link to your blog to follow what has happened to you recently as well as your recovery. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I bet the hugs you are getting from Ella and Will are extra special! They are adorable. (I am going back through some of your older posts and they are so cute!) I am sure Nash has been strong and attentive - helping you physically and emotionally. Keep reaching for those goals!!!
- Stacey Richardson

Anonymous said...

Kelly - Tony, Maria, and I just wanted to let you know that we love you and we think and pray for you all the time. Your stories and your spirit are very much inspirational to all of us. We want you to know that so many people care about you and many people are praying for you and asking how they can help. We love you and we hope to talk to you and see you soon! Love, Kathy D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! It's so great to read about your progress! I get regular updates through your family and mostly, Kathy. You are such an inspiration! What a journey you have been on and how amazing you are handling it!
You, Nash, Ella and William have been in our daily prayers. I must share with you that Abby has personally been praying for you and has requested that we light a candle for you each weekend at Mass (and we have!)!
You can count on us for continued prayers, support and help in any way you need. I mean that!
Hope to see you soon!
Love and prayers,
Laurie, Jeff & Abby S.

Richardson Family News said...

Hope it was another strong day Kelly! Keep taking those deep breaths and working hard!
Susan

Laura Sauer said...

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I just signed on and saw your Monday post! Awesome! You are such a champ, Kel. I bet you have made even more great strides since Monday. Can't wait to hear about it - you are AWESOME!

Love, Laura

Unknown said...

Grinning from ear to ear and dancing in my chair for you. YAY!!! Whoo hooo! I've been following your progress and amazed by YOU!

Trish Jeffers-Zeh said...

Kelly you & your family have been in my thoughts & prayers. I can't begin to imagine to find yourself going through what you are particularly knowing you are in really good shape. I think a lot of your Dad & Julie. I'm proud of you for such a positive attitude. You go girl! It's the most important thing besides the loving attention from friends & family. You can't out give God & I have faith in your healing. Blessings, Trish