Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reflection

How does one like me repay you all for what you have done for me? For what you have given through prayer? For what you have provided for our family? It's an impossible task in my mind. This has become so much bigger than I ever imagined. How could there be so many people out there providing love, support, and prayer? So vested in my life and how it impacts the life of my family and friends. At some point, I will be able to process this better and share with you all that I have learned. It's still too fresh and I'm not ready for that yet.

The best way I can think to repay you right now is through words. I am so very thankful to all of you. Many of you I have known in my lifetime. Some of you I have never met. Thank you for your prayers, your love, your support, your words of strength and encouragement, and your commitment. I have just been blown away! And for those of you who have not known me personally but have become involved through knowing a close family or friend of mine.... Thank you for supporting them as they have struggled with me. We will forever be connected through this unfortunate circumstance in my life. If I could stand before each and every one of you and provide a very BIG HUG and word of thanks.....I WOULD DO IT RIGHT NOW. I love you all. Thank you,
Kelly

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are truly an inspiration; a remarkable woman with an incredible circle of family and friends who clearly love you very much. I am so sorry that you are having to face all of these challenges right now, but I am confident that you will tackle them all with the same strength and level headed decisions as you have thus far.

hug those babies and that sweet husband. Rely on all the help that is being offered. Stay strong and positive. I am so lucky to know you and I continue to find strength in my own challenges through your words. Please know, anything we can do, we will. Our positive energies, prayers and love are with you always. emily, patrick and all the kiddos here in st. louis!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

It is true you are an inspiration. I am so happy you are home with your beautiful family. I personally think that is the best medicine in the world. The love that your family & friend have for you in unconditional & we will continue to help, pray & do whatever it takes to get you to the finish line. Hang in there girl, you will make it. Keep the Faith.... Love You!!! Aunt Mindy

Brad said...

You could just send us a check....

Seriously, I think we still owe you for all of the help you gave us when we were trying to figure out Carter's SI issues and feeding aversions.

Duncan Family said...

love u

Anonymous said...

My heart aches that you are dealing with such complicated and scary things! However, I am so happy to see the many positive things that continue to happen. I continue to pray for you and Nash and your kids. Kelly, you are just amazing! Keep going strong and never give up the fight! You are going to beat this! Peggy C.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I just got your address. I can't believe you have had to go thru all this agony. Bless your sweet heart. I know your family and friends have helped so much. Gosh, there must be a reason all this is happening. I kept telling myself the same thing after my surgery and complications last April. I suffered, I got lots of cards and support (you mom being one of the biggest helps to me), I learned a lot about myself, my husband, a lost love and how i needed to make some changes in order to be happy and true to myself. Looking back, I can see that i never would have had the guts to change my life if i hadn't gone thru the pain. It changed me. It made me better. My new life is better, but it hasn't been easy. Life isn't easy. It takes tough people to live here on earth. God played a big part in the entire thing. I couldn't have made it as far as i did without Him. He's my pal. He wants us to rely on Him, especially when the goin' gets tough. I know this for sure. My prayers are with you.
Love,
Jeani Hoffman (formerly Brewsaugh)

Noon said...

Kelly and Nash ( and kiddos)

Kelly you and Nash will continue to be in my prayers. I am prayerful that you will find resolve and healing in this situation. I am so glad you did get to come home and talk with your spouse and visit your children. I will pray for all of the tough decisions you will have to make as you go through this process. You are on our church prayer list and our Emmaus community prayer list. Stay strong and enjoy being home with your family. We can't do much from NC but if you need anything let us know.

Summer

Anonymous said...

Kelly you and your family are blessings to all of us out here loving you:) Enjoy relishing in the loving and cherishing you are able to experience with your amazing family. Please let me know if there's anything I may do for you and or anyone in your family.
So very much love, Jill

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are home once again! Remember that God never gives us more than we can bear and He is always with us! Please don't be afraid to ask for help. We keep you daily (and often) in prayer.
Blessings
Judi (Schepmann)

Laura Sauer said...

I hope I get to see you soon and give you a BIG HUG! Glad my birthday wish came true and you got to go home. :)

When something comes along and stops us in our tracks, taking us away from our "normal life," it sucks. There's just really no other way to say it. It just sucks. I know there is a long path to travel still, and lots of decisions to be made, and many unknowns, but you're going to get back to where you want to be. Someone with as much fire and determination and heart as you will definitely get there. So for today, because I think this kind of thing makes us focus on today, my wish for you is that you get to soak up all the love and comfort you can being home in your own space with your husband and your beautiful kiddos.

I'll talk to you soon! Sending you imaginary hugs all the time.

Love, Laura

Ruth Clephane said...

Kelly,
I have never met you but knew your husband and his family when Nash was just a young boy. You have my heart felt prayers and good thoughts that you will recover quickly. Your children are adorable and you have a wonderful and loving family to help you through this health crisis.

The Willmann Family said...

Dear Kelly,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Nash, and the children. We were shocked to hear of your ordeal, but are very thankful to know that you are improving each day, and that prayers have been answered on your behalf.

We hope you continue to receive new strength and health each day as you recuperate at home.

Many blessings to you and the family,

Doug and Lori Willmann

Alison, Chris, Davis and Ryan Cieszko said...

Kelly,
I doubt you remember me, but I'm friends of Leah's and Wally's. My husband Chris Cieszko and Wally were best friends in high school. Anyway, I didn't realize the battle you've been waged in until I talked with Leah by email today. I am so amazed that you demonstrate such beautiful and humbling strength when many of us might falter. You are an inspiration--as a person, as a woman, as a mom, as a wife, and as a patient. Being a healthcare provider myself, it's easy to just sit back and "hand out" diagnoses, telling our patients what we think they should do, and then expecting them to oblige, never acknowledging that these are not just "routine decisions" in their lives...that they need time to "process" everything, to weigh out pros and cons, and to have the opportunity to make an informed decision about their health. Chris and I will support you and pray for you, Nash, and those 2 beautiful babies of yours that I know you are so happy to hold in your arms each day.

Love and prayers,
Alison and Chris Cieszko, Davis and Ryan

DanielleJ said...

Wow, Kelly, what a story! Your passion for life is obvious, your faith even moreso. My prayers are with you and your family as you all struggle through this. Patience, faith, and perseverence--that's what is going to pull you through. I know that's how we got through our struggles with our twins in the beginning. Against all odds, however, they're here and thriving--not entirely without struggles, but here nonetheless. I pray for that very same future for you (well, hopefully without the struggles :)).

Big, huge, gigantic hugs!

Danielle Jadus (Buckel)

Monica~ James~ Connor said...

Kelly,

I haven't been able to get on the blogs lately so sorry about the lack of comments, but you remain in our thoughts & hearts constantly. i'm so relieved that you are home with Nash your precious kids. I know you have some big decisions to make, but I have faith that you will be guided to what is right. i don't know why we are all given the challenges that we are given (I'm starting to actually wonder if y'alls OT class wasn't jinxed...j/k), but I truly believe that we learn and grow from it & it helps us to guide others later in life during their times of need. I just pray that your path eases. please take care of yourself & let others pamper you! we love you all!! {{{hugs}}

Kelly Clark Petersen said...

Hey Kelly! This is Kelly Clark, or Petersen now... I hate to hear that you are going through such scary and trying times. You are so brave in the face of all of this. I'm sure there are times when you feel like things are just so out of control that you could just scream. Hang in there. You have an amazing family and a whole blanket of cover prayer to back you up. I can't imagine going through something like this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care!!!!! :)
-Kelly P

Carrie Dreyer said...

Kelly,
When I think of the time Ries was in the hospital, I think of you and all your support. You were such a blessing to me and my family. I'm so glad you in return are feeling those blessings. I love you girl! We continue to pray for your recovery.
Carrie Dreyer