Yes, I said it! GLASSES! I had a few concerns when Ella had her vision screening at her 5 year check up. She complained that the shapes/letters were too small and it was too hard. As a Mother, I struggled to figure out if she really couldn't see, if the task was new and unfamiliar and so she was uncomfortable, or if she was worried about saying the wrong thing and so she attempted to opt out of the task all together! So, in discussion with my eye doctor...He said, "Kelly, I think all kids going into Kindergarten should have a good, thorough eye exam." And so, we went, and sure enough Ella needed glasses. She has an astigmatism that impacts her ability to focus. He felt strongly that correction at this time was a priority and long term we need to wait and see. He said that as the eyes change through growth and development, she may not need corrective lenses, but that for now, this would be best for her. So, Ella tried on about 15 pairs, posing in the mirror with each one!.....Ella's Requirements: Pink or Purple! It is the latest accessory you know! And here she is....Funny face and all! She loves her glasses and rarely wants to take them off. I can't believe how easy this has gone!
2 comments:
I happen to think that glasses are fanatastic- I look forward to getting a new pair every year! The look great on you, Ella!
the glasses are too cute! Zoe just got her first pair of glasses too! She is back and forth on wearing them. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her when she first put them on.
Post a Comment