We were geared up for this BIG DAY! A beautiful birthday dress, pizza, a princess cake, ice cream, presents, family, and, and, and, vomit! Oh yes, I said vomit. Poor Ella. Just before dinner Ella went running for the bathroom and threw up. A Birthday To Remember! Earlier in the day (around 1:00pm) Ella complained of a tummy ache and threw up. She bounced back quickly saying she was fine...was playful and happy...no fever...took a bath...took a nap...held down some more food.. MUST BE NOTHING. Ella said, "I'm fine mom. I know why I threw up. A BUG must have flew in my mouth and it made me throw up. I don't have a bug anymore." So the party was on...and that quickly, the party was off. I have to say Ella is a GREAT KID. She still wanted everyone to sing happy birthday, wanted to blow out candles even though she knew she couldn't eat cake, and wanted to open presents. While everyone (including her little brother) was eating pizza, cake and ice cream, etc...she never complained. What a great kid! We cut her a small piece of cake and put 4 candles on it for her to blow out. She was as happy as ever. And luckily the next day she was fine, held down food all day, and got to eat her piece of cake after dinner (see pic below). It certainly wasn't quite the Birthday Party Nash and I had envisioned for Ella, but she still had fun and we have some great memories!
Birthday Cake & Ice Cream...A Day Later!
5 comments:
Wow... that sure was a birthday to remember... and Ella, you have to be the sweetest, most adorable 4 year old I know! Cute pictures!
Ella Bella is absolutely the most adorbale four year old! So sorry she was ill that day, but what a trooper she is. Good job mommy!
Love,
Pappa Norm
She's such a sweet, adorable & bright little girl. I can't believe she's already 4! Happy Birthday Ella!!! Big hugs from the 3 of us. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
I'm glad you finally got to have your cake and ice cream Ella!
Happy Birthday, Ella! I can't believe she is 4. That will definitely be a birthday to remember! Kelly and Nash, you have to feel so blessed to have such a great little girl!
Post a Comment