- I continue to hit the therapies hard. I've started aquatic therapy two to three times a week along with my land based therapies. It's been a nice addition to my therapy program as the resistance and movement of the water makes for new and unique challenges to my coordination and movement. I really do enjoy it a lot!
- I met with the new neuro/pain specialist last week. He confirmed what all the other doctors have told me.....that thalamic strokes are the hardiest "sensory" strokes to treat. He identified several possible medications to try based on their 'risk/benefit' ratio. He did stress that there is no one size fits all. So, we are trialing cymbalta first. Each will have a two week trial. If I don't see any improvements after two weeks, I am to call in and he will adjust the dosage or trial a new medication. His plan is to follow me closely (monthly).
- I meet with the hematology doctor next week so no new info to report there.
- I was fitted last Friday for my new pressure garments. While wearing these, my sensitivity/pain is greatly reduced. I'll be able to wear clothing and tolerate touch much better. These will include:
- Custom shirt with long arm on the left and short sleeve on the right
- Pantyhose with one long leg left (including foot) and shorts on the right
- Glove for the left hand
My Biggest Highlight:
I, along with many friends and family, completed the 1K Stroke Walk last Sunday. Despite the frigid temps, everyone came out with smiles and cheers as together we went the distance. It will undoubtedlybe the most memorable race of my life! (Look for pics of the event in a future posting)
My Recent Low:
I've been battling illness the past 4 days. Symptoms of fatigue, lightheadedness/dizziness, temp irregularity (but not necessarily fever), and low appetite. At first we thought it was a bug but now doctors feel it may be the result of a sensitivity to my new medication and/or an incompatibility with two of my meds. So, we're making some adjustments today and hoping for improvement!
Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and well wishes. Many have reached out to me who I've never met but are friends of friends and/or family.....you all are so incredibly kind and giving. Thank you for sharing your words of encouragement and support! Love to all,
Kelly
2 comments:
Kelly - sounds like you are working hard! No one that knows you would expect anything less! Keep up the good work and keep those updates coming so we can cheer you on!
Thanks for the update. I was lucky to see some footage of your race thanks to Julie. What an amazing accomplishment. So proud of you and your determination to beat this thing. We live you!!! Leah
Post a Comment