Monday, June 29, 2009
Warren County Arts Talent Competition
Ella competed in her first singing competition last Saturday in Lebanon. She competed in the 12 and under age category among singers and musicians. Why??? Well, as you know Ella loves to sing. So, we decided to use this as an opportunity to give her more practice singing in front of an audience. I didn't tell her anything about the competition, judges or awards mostly because I didn't want her to feel pressured and it was truly not our motivation for entering. She knew it was an opportunity to sing and to watch others kids perform which she loves! As always, she said she wasn't nervous, was calm but excited, and did a beautiful job singing Beauty & The Beast. She was the youngest one competing at the age of 5. All the others were 7 and older. All the kids did a great job and it was so much fun watching them. Watching Ella brought many observers to tears. She received a roaring applause when she finished. Overall, Ella ended up winning 1st place and received a trophy. She was wildly excited and very proud of herself...of course we were extremely proud of her too. The next step...continue with voice lessons, continue exposing her to the arts and music, and consider getting her involved in a children's theater once age elligible if possible. And dance lessons (per Ella's request). All as long as she is happy and having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
She brought tears to Aunt Nadia's eyes. Please tell her that Uncle Clay and Aunt Nadia are so proud of her! I miss hearing her beautiful voice!
WTG Ella!! Love that song. Definitely a star on your hands! Glad to see you blogging again...we were missing pics & stories of your little cuties.
Ella sings so sweetly.....had to listen to her video a couple of times. I just couldn't stop smiling.
Wow!!! Ella you are an amazing little girl. I am so proud of you. Aunt Nadia is right, you did bring tears to my eyes. Uncle Mike & I are so proud of you. You Rock!!! Love You!!! Aunt Mindy
She did such a good job. I love all your new posts :)
Wow! She did a great job!
That is absolutely wonderful! Congrats to Miss Ella!
What young talent. Ella and Will are such cute kids. Hope you guys are doing well. Can't wait to hear more of miss Ella.
Post a Comment