Sunday, April 27, 2014

Inspiration to Share

Through the many hardships I have faced in the last 12 weeks, it's a big challenge not to let myself get down.  For all of you who know me well, it's just not in my nature to be a glass 1/2 empty kind of girl.  But I'd be completely lying if I said staying 1/2 full is easy.  I've benefited from the strength of so many of you who have kept me grounded, determined, tolerant of baby steps, hopeful, faithful, committed, and positively realistic.

I share this blogpost so that you all can be inspired by the great deeds, thoughts, and love that I have received through this very difficult time in my life.  You are a tremendously amazing group of prayerful and thoughtful family and friends and I am so humbled by your outpouring of support.

Some of the things I've received:  Daily devotionals, hundreds of cards, thousands of words of encouragement and strength, loving hugs, texts and messages of daily support, meals and more meals, cleaning services, rides to therapy and dr appts, colorful flowers and beautiful plants, millions of prayers, a rosary of my birthstone prayed over while I was in the hospital, a water bottle titled "STRENGTH", seeds to plant, books of inspiration and faith, a necklace reflecting "trust your journey" and another with a charm of a face of a lion (an important symbol to me and known by all who work with me as I have a very large lion print hanging on my wall at work)....with the lion necklace came the statement "Courage Doesn't Always Roar"...."Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW", $ to help cover my garments, pajamas and exercise clothing, prayer shawls, and even a quilt.  I have also been wowed by you avid runners/exercisers who have told me you pray for me while running including a team running the Cincinnati flying pig relay next week titled "Kelly's Crusaders".  

Many times you have said that I inspire you and that certainly makes me proud.  But, I want you to read this and understand where strength and inspiration comes from.  I'm not talking about material things....I'm talking about the love and support from so many of you who have shown these tremendous acts of love and kindness....some who know me very well and others whom I've never met.  I feel it and am reminded of it daily.  It's in what I wear, what I read, what I see, how I sleep, what I hear......Acts of love, kindness, and inspiration are all around me.  And for that I am so grateful.

Thank you all.  With love,
Kelly



No comments: